It’s been one week since you looked at me,
Cocked your head to the side and said: “I’m angry.”
Five days since you laughed at me saying,
“Get that together, come back and see me..”
Three days since the living room,
I realized it’s all my fault, but couldn’t tell you.
Yesterday you’d forgiven me;
But it’ll still be two days till I say I’m sorry…
It’s been rather more than one week; so what’s happened since?
- Cycled 38 miles when I was aiming for 30 on a quiet Saturday morning ride. Ouch. Cycled the intended route a couple of times later, much less ouch.
- School’s actually out for the summer. A will be starting reception in September and now has a uniform that looks way too big (and will no doubt be way too small this time next year. Sleeper, Jr. got to go back to school for a single hour, just to see his classmates, say goodbyes to his teacher and meet next year’s.
- More Ring Fit Adventure. I’ve been playing it a few times a week on a hard difficulty setting and it definitely seems to be helping with my fitness.
- Failed utterly to update this blog.
- Cycled up Box Hill – exhausting but fun!
- Ground down by work; making slow but steady progress toward go-live in August
- Cycled up Box Hill again, on the grounds that I was shying away from it for being hard work
Truth be told, I’ve lost steam for this blog as I’ve found things to fill the evenings and my work’s got busier. My weight is creeping down, no bad thing, probably because I’m actually trying to hit the 650 calories of active movement a day my watch has me aiming for. I’ve been trying to find the time I can meet friends in a socially distanced manner is insane; currently I’ve got one group pencilled in for some time in September!
So, yeah. Things could be worse. Check in for the next instalment in another week*.
*Definition of “week” may not match any dictionary definition.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.